Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oh Well...

I have not been updating this blog for a while.

It does not mean that I have not been following F1 or Fernando's career.
It does not mean that I have not been cheering him on all through 2010 season.
Au contraire... I was elated when Fernando joined the Scuderia. My only sorrow is the fact that I am no longer working for one of the major sponsors of the Ferrari F1 team - would have loved the opportunity to meet the guy!
I danced on tables (figuratively speaking!) when Fernando and Felipe got that 1-2 in Bahrain.
I ranted and raved when it looked like all hope was lost towards the middle of the season.
When Fernando jumped ahead in the WCC points due to a resurgence in the F10 performance, I cheered on.

Well of course, then I was thinking about updating this blog. Yet, I hesitated because I did not want to seem like the "fair-weathered fan," those that only posted when things are going right. I have bitten my typing fingers during his final year at Renault, and through Singapore-gate. So why should I start mouthing off when Fernando began to reap success? Hence the silence.

Now, I am finally picking up the pieces after the disappointment in Abu Dhabi.
Since Sunday, I have not haunted PlanetF1.com or Autosport.com. I have not read a single article or post from fans or foe. I have been stewing in my utter dejection after the Abu Dhabi fiasco.

Hey ho... anyway.. I am back.. and during this off season and for 2011 - I vow to post and share my thoughts on Fernando and the Scuderia. Well, I am not an F1 professional. I wish I was. Yet, as a fan, I guess I reserve the right to voice my thoughts.

Fernando.. have a great off-season. The 3rd WCC crown beckons in 2011. Delayed gratification will taste all that much sweeter when it is finally achieved. Here's to a great 2nd half of 2010 - and to an even better whole of 2011!

No comments: